QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Should I smell propane when starting my patio heater?
YES!! Our heaters are designed to operate based on a lit pilot light, which emits a very low pressure, which generally is detected if all fittings are tight and sealed. (Not typical to a gas barbeque or other propane gas appliances).
My unit burns low or wont stay ignited.
1. Propane temperature needs to be above 5 degrees F. Propane will freeze at or below 5*F and will not perform properly. Solution: Wrap propane bottle with a towel or blanket or relocate temporarily to area where temperature is above 5* F.
2. Faulty propane gas regulator (replace gas regulator)
3. Fittings and hoses from regulator to burner are not tight. (Tighten all fittings and check for leakage)
Why do I get a yellow flame and black smoke?
1. Possible blockage in the burner venturi tube which houses your pilot feed tube. Clean the venturi tube buy backing out your pilot feed tube for access. Use pipe cleaner to remove all debris. Use compressed air when possible to remove all particles. See video under “Replacement Parts”.
2. A minor adjustment to your pilot tube setting may also remove this condition. Pilot light should be no larger than 1/4" to 1/2" inches tall for proper operation.
Why does my pilot light, but goes out when heater is turned on high or low?
1. Faulty Anti-Tilt switch (Disconnect anti tilt switch and connect to wires together for verification. If heater starts to perform properly replace anti tilt switch)
2. Faulty Thermocouple (Replace Thermocouple)
Why does my propane bottle and regulator freeze up on my Table Top heater when using the 16oz cylinders?
Very common problem with 16 oz disposable tanks. (When problem occurs reduce volume setting to allow propane to flow evenly to burner.
You can purchase an adapter hose that will convert your heater to 20 lb propane tank, which will eliminate this problem.
Why is my burner flame low?
1. Propane gas may be low. (Check propane level)
2. Leakage at regulator and possibly connection fittings (perform leak test)
3. Outside temperature below 40* (Wrap propane tank or move to warmer outdoor location)
4. Faulty regulator (replace regulator)
Why wont my pilot light?
1. Blockage in venturi tube that houses pilot feed tube (very common for a spider to build web, which will block venturei feed tube. Burnt Sentiment from pilot light will also block venture tube (back out pilot feed tube and use pipe cleaner to remove debris. use compressed air if possible to thoroughly clean.
2. Pilot feed tube clogged (replace pilot feed tube)
3. Propane tank may be empty or not open.
4. Striker piazza switch not working (replace piazza switch)
Can I convert my LP gas patio heater into a natural gas patio heater?
NO. Our propane patio heaters are designed, tested and approved for Propane use only. Conversion kits are not available by our corporation. Propane patio heater regulators supply 11” in a column of water and natural gas 7” to 10 “. Also, propane gas line tubing is made of copper and must be stainless steel for natural gas.
We hope these tips will be of help. It is always advised to contact a licensed appliance repair person.